自考英语二知识点:核心短语
7
61. break down 失败
Why did the peace talks break down?
为什么和谈失败了?
In complex, dynamic environments such as software development, this approach tends to break down.
像在软件开发这样复杂的动态环境下,这种方式容易失败。
62. come up with找到(答案等)
How do you come up with your jokes?
你是怎么想出那些笑话来的?
As a professor, you could come up with absolute solutions.
作为一名教师,你可以想出彻底的解决方案。
63. in desperation在绝望中;走投无路
In desperation, he decided to go back to London.
在绝望中,他决定还是回伦敦去。
She cried at length, in desperation, her large eyes staring at him like those of a wild animal.
她终于喊叫起来,在绝望之中,她的一双大眼睛就像野兽的眼睛一样,直直地瞪着他。
64. care about sb. 关心;关怀
We often pardon our beloveds’ faults because we care about them.
我们经常因为对爱人在意而原谅他们的缺点。
People don’t care about you if you only care about yourself.
你如果只关心自己,那你就很难得到人们的关心。
65. take a chance 冒险
If you find yourself avoiding new opportunities and disregarding problems, it’s time to take a chance.
如果你发现自己正在回避新的机遇,或逃避问题,这时就该冒险了。
Sometimes you just have to take a chance, and correct your mistakes as you go along.
有时候你必须冒险一试,有错误则边发现边改正。
66. make a difference 有作用;产生影响
Eating habit makes a difference to your everyday life.
饮食习惯对你每天的生活有影响。
Your support will certainly make a difference in my cause.
你的支持肯定对我的事业很有影响。
67. make a hit 给(某人)留下很好的第一印象;使(某人)一见钟情
You really make a hit in the sports meeting.
你在运动会上的表现给大家留下了很好的第一印象。
The first and foremost thing is to let people make a hit on the city at first sight, attracting them by its unique image.
首先要着手做的第一件事,也是最重要的事情就是让人们对这个城市一见钟情,以城市自己独特的形象吸引他们。
68. as luck would have it 碰巧;偶然;幸而
As luck would have it, some skater shoved me, so I ended up pushing Carl.
碰巧有个溜冰的人撞到我,结果使我推了卡尔一把。
As luck would have it, no one was in the building when the explosion happened.
真幸运,发生爆炸时大楼里刚巧没有人。
69. be characteristic of 典型的;独特的;特有的
It’s characteristic of her that she never complained.
从不发牢骚是她的特性。
Isabel was a tall girl with the oval face, straight nose, fine eyes and full mouth that appeared to be characteristic of the family.
伊沙贝尔是个身材高挑、椭圆脸、直鼻梁、眉清目秀、嘴巴丰满的姑娘。这一切看来都是她家族的特征。
70. strike up (和某人)建立友谊,开始来往,交谈起来
The mere subject of the book or magazine might help strike up a conversation.
哪怕是关于书本或杂志的微小话题,也可能帮助大家打开话匣子。
Check out their websites—even strike up a conversation with the author if you feel like it.
去作者的网站看看,如果你愿意的话,甚至还可以和作者聊一聊。
以上就是自考英语二知识点:核心短语7,完整打印版关注公众号:高升专升本,发送关键词:自考英语。